Thursday, August 13, 2009

My first dollar

We're coming up on the end of a summer full of shoots: newlyweds and newborns, families, couples, toddlers, high school seniors. But last week was the first photo session I booked from the website last March, shortly after it launched. Driving to the beach shoot, I felt like I'd gotten to know Vicky and her family through the many emails we exchanged over the months. (She even sent a crisp dollar bill with her deposit to frame as my first. How sweet is that?) The icing on the cake was the PERFECT weather in Grand Haven the evening of our session. August in Michigan is where it's at.




Oh, a mama and her girls.



My first thought was to correct the ultra warm tone here, but I thought better of it. One has to be able to look at a photo in the depths of snowy winter and remember that, YES, the sun did at one time shine warmth on our faces, and it will happen again.



I couldn't stop these two once they got going.




Where it all started. Aren't multi-generational shoots fun? There are always great stories...



All Skate :)



Even as I upload a few favorites from the evening, I am reminded of the many I had to leave out. It was hard to pick out favorites for a post here. HARD, I tell you. But it is a teaser, after all. I have to leave some suspense. :)

4 comments:

  1. These turned out fantastic! Excellent work, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky these are wonderful!!! I wish we lived closer to you so you could create a family picture for us : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Skate! ;)
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete