Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two under two

One of the first weddings I shot (2003? 2004?) was Seth and Dani's, and I still remember with horror the moment I realized I had reached the beach location an hour away, ready to shoot the ceremony, only to discover I had forgotten the film on my kitchen counter. (What does THAT tell you about how technology has changed in only a few short years?) Thankfully, the two were gracious and forgiving, and patient as I peeled out toward the nearest convenience store to buy out their supply of 400 speed Kodak.

Since, then, with soon-to-be five children between us, we've all learned something about patience, and going with the flow. Sofi and Emma are just over a year apart. But my oh my, look at those faces.




Our session was in the middle of the family's vacation in a rented cottage on the lake. Every day had been spent in the sand and surf... and four days in, everyone was in full-on vacation mode.





Playing with daddy










Who says you need the whole face in the frame? I know exactly what's going on here.



Poor Emma had some brutal teething going on, and just about anything would do to ease those little gums.



There were some more traditional pictures where everyone was facing the camera and looking pleasant, but I love what this one says about life with two very small children.



Thanks for dinner, guys. It's been a treat to watch you transition from dating to marriage to parenthood, and your family is beautiful. Your proofs will be up soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures, Becky. Such motion. The girls and their parents look so natural and unposed. Won't WINTER shots be different after all these beach shots?

    ReplyDelete